New Haven, CT
CT Visit historical old Mystic for a great weekend getaway. Take the Mystic
Travel Scrapbook Make a scrapbook while you travel on vacation.
We bought a car in Rhode Island and decided to take the train from Union Station to Providence to pick it up.
Our daughter dropped us off at Union Station, so we wouldn't have to mess with picking up our other car and parking in the lot all day.
This is our first trip taking the train east to Providence and we were excited. Apparently you have to have reservations and we were able to purchase the tickets online, so when we went to the ticket window we were set to go.
So a ticket from New Haven to Providence is $34.20 and you need a photo ID.See our tickets
More Pictures of Union Station
- inside of Union Station... inside
- looking up you can see the old arches... arch
- a picture of the ceiling... ceiling
- the entrance to the Greyhound ticket area... entrance (also see Greyhound Bus)
- a lady waits for her ride, while sitting on a window sill outside the station... waiting
- another picture of the outside of Union Station... outside
Pictures of the Train Trip
- waiting for the train.... waiting
for the train
- here comes the train... here comes the train
- a picture of the Amtrak train... Amtrak
- the Amtrak follows the coastline, you get lots of scenic views... a scenic view
- a picture of the Amtrak train inside... inside the train
- it was hard taking pictures through the window because of the glare, but here is a beach... beach view
- I tried to take a better picture through the window in front of me... window view
- We made several stops, one was at the New London train station and another was the Kingstown RI train station
- a picture taken before pulling into Providence train station... RI scenic view
The bus station at Union Station is easy to find. From Derby CT, take Hwy. 34 South. After you pass Yale University make a right at that large intersection(Ella T Grasso Blvd), and follow it to Columbus St. and make a left. Follow Columbus Street ALL THE WAY till you hit Church Street.
Then Turn RIGHT (South) and follow it till it deadends and then make a LEFT which is Union Street. It's right by the AVIS RENT A CAR (about two blocks down) The Greyhound Station is located at 50 Union Street.
See what's at the Exits on Interstate 95 CT