Boothe Memorial Park
I have been trying here lately to find some parks with playgrounds to take our grandbaby.
The Boothe Memorial Park has been on my list of todo's for awhile, and finally we have an opportunity to go.
The amazing thing is that we were the only ones there.
Boothe Memorial Park is also popular for their rose garden.
Today we took the time to walk around Boothe Memorial Park just to see what is there. Not only does it have a free museum to visit, but it has a windmill and lighthouse and small farm animals for the kids.
There is a large picnic area with playgrounds. You will be surprised how nice it is.
The lady taking care of the rose garden said many prom pictures and wedding pictures are taken here in May when the roses bloom.
The hills at Boothe Memorial park are popular during the winter too, because they are the perfect size for sledding.
So here's what you do. Pack a picnic basket, a blanket, a good book, a frisbee and go park yourself and your family under one of the big old shade trees. Of course, there are some picnic tables and some shelters too. A great place for a wedding reception.
More Pictures of Boothe Memorial Park- A picture of the grandbaby throwing dandelions in the small pond... small pond
- A huge grinding stone... grinding stone
- The Boothe Park lighthouse is small but cool... lighthouse
- The plaque for the lighthouse explaining why it was built... lighthouse plaque
- The plaque next to the barn... Americana Museum
- A closer view of the Boothe Clock Tower that still rings out the time... clock tower
- A picture of the doors on a building there that I found interesting... doors and windows
- Another view of this same brick building, looking up... second floor doors
- The Boothe Park windmill... windmill
- A plaque with the history of the Boothe Homestead... Boothe History
- The grandbaby stands in front of one of these grinding stones... see the size
- The unique structure of one of the Boothe buildings... unique structure
- Boothe Park in the spring... flowering trees
- Not too long ago Boothe Memorial got ahold of the old Merritt Parkway Toll booths
We usually follow River Road south from Shelton towards Stratford and once you get past the Merritt Parkway entrance, which there is a streetlight there, then the sign for Boothe Park is the next street. Just make a right and follow this road till you see Boothe Park on the left.
Stratford Ramada Inn - 225 Lordship Blvd/I-95 Stratford, CT, 06615 US 203-375-8866
or Stay at Marnicks restaurant and motel
See a list of hotels and motels in CT with Jacuzzis and Fireplaces
Cooltan Tan Through Shirts and Swimwear - Get a tan through your clothes! Shirts, shorts, and swimwear. Great for wash and go traveling.
Alpaca Blanket - This has got to be the warmest, softest blanket I have ever felt, and great for winter travel, especially in New England!
Child Travel Tips - How to keep the kids busy while traveling.
Travel Scrapbook - Make a scrapbook while on vaction.
Connecticut Peapod - Save time and money, grocery shop online in Connecticut. Peapod delivers groceries right to your door at the time that you select.
Stop and Shop CT Peapod - Get $10 in FREE groceries in CT. Order anytime, day or night 24/7.